YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
Prospect Funding understands your privacy is important. We provide this notice in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and because you are a current or potential customer of Prospect Funding companies. This notice will help you understand what types of nonpublic personal information - information about you that is not publicly available - we may collect, how we use it and how we protect your privacy.
- We collect nonpublic personal information, including social security numbers or tax identification numbers, to process and administer our customers' business.
- We have policies and procedures in place to protect nonpublic personal information, including social security numbers or tax identification numbers, about our customers.
- We do not sell nonpublic personal information about our customers to third parties, i.e., companies or individuals that are not affiliated with Prospect Funding.
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers to anyone, except as permitted by law or for which you have provided your consent.
- We do not share or use personally identifiable health information for marketing purposes.
What types of nonpublic personal information does Prospect Funding collect?
- Prospect Funding' employees, representatives, agents and selected third parties may collect nonpublic personal information about our customers, including:
- Information provided to us, such as on applications or other forms
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates or third parties
- Information from others, such as credit reporting agencies, your attorney and federal and state agencies
- The types of nonpublic personal information Prospect Funding collects vary according to the products or services provided and may include, for example: account balances, case or claim information, credit reports, including social security numbers or tax identification numbers and marital status. We also may collect nonpublic personal health information, like medical reports, insurance information in order to underwrite your case file and administer, service or perform other related functions.
What does Prospect Funding do to protect nonpublic personal information?
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information, including social security numbers or tax identification numbers, to those employees, agents, representatives or third parties who need to know the information to provide products and services to our customers.
- We have policies and procedures that give direction to our employees, and agents and representatives acting on our behalf, regarding how to protect and use nonpublic personal information, including social security numbers or tax identification numbers.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect nonpublic personal information, including social security numbers or tax identification numbers.
With whom does Prospect Funding share nonpublic personal information, and why?
- We do not share nonpublic personal information about our customers with anyone, including other affiliated Prospect Funding companies or third parties, except as permitted by law or with companies for which you have provided your consent.
- We may disclose, as allowed by law, all types of nonpublic personal information we collect, to:
- (i) affiliated Prospect Funding companies, agents, employees, representatives and third parties that market our services and products and administer and service customer accounts on our behalf; or
- (ii) other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
- If we have a preexisting business relationship with you, we may contact you about products offered by our affiliates. In these instances, we do not share nonpublic information with these affiliates.
- Examples of the types of companies and individuals to whom we may disclose nonpublic personal information include banks, attorneys, trustees, third-party administrators, registered brokers/dealers, auditors, regulators, transfer agents and reinsurers.
- We do not share personally identifiable health information unless the customer or the applicable law authorizes further sharing.
Additional Privacy Policies Specifically for Web Sites
What types of information does Prospect Funding collect on this Site?
- Prospect Funding employees, representatives, agents and selected third parties may collect information about our customers and other visitors to this site including, but not limited to aggregate information concerning:
- E-mail address and content
- Domain name and IP address (e.g., aol.com) used to access the Internet
- Internet address from which the visitor linked to our site (e.g., www.yahoo.com)
- Type of web browsing software used to view our site
- Date, time, and length of visit to our site
Can I confirm that the information Prospect Funding collects is correct?
- Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. If you ever have questions or issues with the accuracy of your nonpublic personal information, please contact us at the following phone number or write us at the following address: 1-855-767-7100, Prospect Funding, 13911 Ridgedale Drive, Suite 230, Minnetonka, MN 55391.We will promptly investigate your concerns and update our records as needed.
- We request that you keep your information as up to date as possible so that you may get the maximum benefit from Prospect Funding. In particular, please make sure that you inform us of e-mail address changes since this is the most rapid way to communicate.
How is information collected on this Site protected?
- Prospect Funding uses multiple levels of security regardless of the delivery channel you choose. We maintain personally identifying information in secure computer systems and we limit employee access to those with a business reason to see it. More specifically, employees may access information about you when needed to maintain your accounts or otherwise meet your needs. We safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures. Our employees are trained to understand and comply with these information principles.
- Prospect Funding is protected by a system of filtering routers and firewalls, which form a barrier between the outside Internet and the internal network. The filtering router verifies the source and destination of each network packet, and determines whether or not to let the packet through. Access is denied if the packet is not directed at a specific, available service.
The firewall is used to shield Prospect Funding client service network from the Internet. All incoming IP traffic is actually addressed to the firewall, which is designed to allow only e-mail into the client service environment. Traffic through the firewall is subjected to a special proxy process which operates in much the same way as a filtering router, verifying the source and destination of each information packet.
The proxy then changes the IP address of the packet to deliver it to the appropriate site within the client service network. In this way, all inside addresses are protected from outside access, and the structure of Prospect Funding internal networks is invisible to outside observers.
Am I protected when linking to other sites?
- This Site may, from time to time, contain links to other Internet web sites, banner ads or advertisements for the convenience of users in locating information and services that may be of interest. If you use those linked Internet web sites or advertisements, you may leave this site and go to web sites that we do not control. If you decide to visit those Internet sites or advertisers, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to read and comply with the privacy statement on those web sites. Your right to privacy on linked sites is limited to whatever rights are provided to you by the owner of the linked site.
This Privacy Notice is provided to you for informational Purposes only. You do not need to call or take any action in response to this notice. We recommend that you read and retain this notice for your personal files.
Effective Date: August, 2015
We may change these terms at any time and update them on this site and/or other means as required.